Over 43.2% of websites are built on WordPresss worldwide so why should you consider Magento for your eCommerce website development?
Whenever we think of website development, WordPress comes first in our mind. However, for eCommerce website development Magento leads. The choice can be daunting. Fret not!
Let’s understand all about both the platforms and decide which one is more suitable for your eCommerce store.
About WordPress Platform
WordPress is a popular open-source content management system (CMS) that anyone can install WordPress and build websites without any experience of coding. When WordPress was launched back in 2003, it was majorly used for blogging. However, the platform has evolved. Today, you can build any kind of website starting from business websites to eCommerce stores.
Furthermore, WordPress is the best platform for beginners. You don’t need any coding knowledge to build a blog, website or store on this platform. WordPress is a secure CMS platform for businesses. It has several plugins to make it completely secure.
Features of WordPress Platform
- Easy Management - Website management on WordPress is really easy.
- New pages - you can easily create new pages on this platform.
- Updates - WordPress automatically handles the updates that are launched every now and then.
- Search Engine Optimized - WordPress is a search engine optimized platform. It also has many plugins to implement SEO practices.
- Unlimited pages - You can create unlimited pages, products, and more. You can also add unlimited images, and posts.
- Language - WordPress comes with 70 languages. You can build your website in the language you prefer for your audience.
- Publishing Tools - You can manage content with WordPress platform with ease. Additionally, you can create drafts, schedule publications, and so on. You can protect your pages with a password if you need to.
- Theme System - WordPress comes with numerous built-in themes that you can install or use to create your beautiful blog or website. Alternatively, you can upload your own theme with a click. You have all the flexibility to build a website of your choice. Don’t have expertise in this platform? As the leading web development company in Ahmedabad, we can build your choice of website.
- Plugins - WordPress has innumerable plugins to make your website secure, for forms, SEO plugins, social media widgets, calendars, and many more. The platform also has plugins specific to eCommerce stores.
Benefits of WordPress for your website development
- You can easily build any kind of website or blog with WordPress.
- You can auto-install WordPress software, themes and plugins without any technical support. However, it also depends on your hosting provider.
- Even beginners can work in WordPress, as it is a user-friendly platform.
- WordPress has countless themes and plugins for diverse industries.
- WordPress keeps updating its platform for the betterment.
About Magento Platform
Magento is a platform to create an eCommerce platform launched in March 2008. It is an open-source platform with built-in PHP that requires advanced coding skills to develop. As the leading Magento development company in India, we can help you build your eCommerce website on the Magento platform.
Magento has two distinct platforms. Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce. Magento Open Source has been designed with an aim to provide a basic eCommerce platform. On the contrary, Magento Commerce has more features and functionalities to support an eCommerce store. Additionally, it has been designed to cater large businesses.
Besides, Magento offers its users to control the look, functionalities, and content on their eCommerce store. All these aspects do not compromise on the shopping experience. Magento also provides a wide range of tools and features for marketing, SEO, catalog-management tools, and more.
Features of Magento Platform
- Category Management - Clients can find the products by category with ease.
- Inventory Management - You can control import, export, stock of products.
- Product Management - You can manage product images, comment reviews on products, favourites list, inventory, etc.
- Client Account - You can track account status, address, shopping cart, shopping history, and more.
- Customer Service - You can add a customer contact form and provide email service to your client.
- Order and Payments Management - You can manage orders. Also, you can offer several payment methods, such as card, Google checkout, PayPal, and various external payment modules.
- Analyze and Report - You can integrate with Google Analytics service for analysis which will also provide multiple reports.
Benefits of Magento for your website development
- When you download the Magento Software, you already have eCommerce functionality.
- Magento has many sales and inventory features to ease your management.
- Magento offers a powerful platform for large businesses.
- It also helps smaller stores grow.
- Magento community supports and helps lost users to find issues and resolve them
What are the similarities and differences of both the platforms?
- Ease of Use - Magento is an easy platform to build and use websites. However, you need to understand the system. You need to have advanced coding skills for developing a website on Magento.
- Product display - WordPress is a CMS platform. You need to install many plugins, if you want to make it an eCommerce store, even for simpler tasks. Magento is powerful, when it comes to eCommerce stores. It is designed exclusively for selling products online.
- Security - An eCommerce store has all the personal information, card details and order history of clients. Security is a must for eCommerce stores. Magento has a stronger security than WordPress for eCommerce stores. It includes PCI compliance for protecting cardholder data, firewalls, regular security patches, advanced password protection features for admin accounts, and so on. WordPress, on the other hand, only offers basic security features which are not specific to eCommerce.
- Marketing and Content Management - As discussed earlier, WordPress is a CMS system. Although the platform has plugins like WooCommerce, it does not surpass Magento in the case of eCommerce development. Magento also provides AI powered A/B testing for content. The platform has many CMS features for eCommerce, such as cross channel content, add relevant product recommendations, etc.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Both the platform offers features for SEO. Magento’s top features for SEO includes product description, sitemaps, metadata, product, & category URLs, etc. On the other hand, WordPress provides various plugins for SEO like All in One SEO, Yoast SEO, Monsterinsights, etc.
Which one is more suitable for your e-commerce store?
After understanding both the platforms, Magento is a clear choice for an eCommerce store. WordPress also has features and plugins for eCommerce stores. Nevertheless, Magento has features exclusively designed for eCommerce stores. The platform provides extreme security checks for eCommerce stores. As the best Magento development company in Ahmedabad, we can create all kinds of eCommerce stores for you as per your requirement.
Do you want a robust eCommerce store along with a powerful blog? You can work with Magento and WordPress together with a tool like Fishpig.
In a nutshell, both the platforms have their features and benefits. WordPress has a robust CMS, whereas Magento has premier eCommerce features. When it comes to creating eCommerce website development Magento is the one. Yet, if you want blog features like WordPress, you can combine the platforms. And, we do it the best!